Sometimes it feels like social media’s main function in society is providing a platform for people to argue about . . . FOOD. Like, pizza with pineapple . . . and is kale edible, or just a garnish?
The food blog “The Takeout” has a list of “10 foods and drinks that cause arguments every time they’re mentioned” . . .
1. Hot dogs and their toppings . . . everything from ketchup to mayo.
2. The classic cocktail: The Old-Fashioned . . . bourbon versus brandy.
3. Buffalo wings . . . and the best places to get them, even if it’s a chain.
4. Pasta carbonara . . . with unnecessary complications, like adding peas.
5. Pizza . . . pretty much everything about it, from style to toppings.
6. Cheesesteaks that aren’t from Philadelphia . . . and toppings, like ketchup.
7. Chili . . . beans versus NO beans.
8. Barbecue . . . mainly which region is superior, but also preferred techniques.
9. Hoagies . . . the best way to build them, like how much meat.
10. Ranch dressing . . . gross or “nectar of the gods”?