I guess you have to appreciate this guy’s ambition? There’s a story floating around on Reddit right now about a guy who took it upon himself to plan his high school class’s 10-year reunion . . . without consulting anyone first.
The guy started a GoFundMe looking for $750,000 for the reunion. Yes, THAT much. Oh, and he was planning to take a 20% cut of that for himself. When his classmates called him out, he posted on Facebook about how he came up with the numbers. He says it was for $220 hotel rooms, $80 buffets, $100 bottles of wine, $100 hiking boots, and flights and rental cars for people who live out of town.
As for his 20% fee, quote, “I’m sure professional event coordinators have a similar method of being compensated for their time and effort . . . and you guys have no idea if I planned to donate a substantial part of that cut to a charity.” It turns out the class president and a few others were already planning the REAL reunion, and the guy wound up pulling down the GoFundMe without a single donation.
Then he posted again saying he set this all up because he was hoping a rich YouTube star named Mr. Beast would find it and cover the whole thing because, quote, “He might of thought it was a good idea for another one of his videos.”
Here’s some other stories you might like…
- Did Katy Perry Pass Out During a Gas Leak on “Idol?”
- Would You Take a 50/50 Shot at $5 Million or Death?
- New Movie In Missoula
- Burger King’s Latest Ad Campaign Shows a Whopper Growing Mold
- A Study Finally Proves Beer Goggles Are Real
- A Woman Is Going Viral for Taking a Bath in Hot Cheetos
- Pepsi Is Giving Away an Engagement Ring With a Diamond Made Out of Crystal Pepsi