Valentine’s Day is on Friday. And you may think we’re so close to the date at this point, you can’t DUMP your partner now. But that’s just not true. And honestly, it’s probably better to dump them today than on Friday. With that in mind, there’s a new term going around for when you end a relationship right before Valentine’s Day: “Valentighting.” The British writer who came up with it says she picked the term because, quote, “you’re too tight to get them a gift, write a card, or make any kind of fuss.” But it doesn’t just have to do with being CHEAP . . . you also want to avoid spending a lot of money on Valentine’s Day because that might signal that you’re making an investment in the relationship.
Other Valentine’s Day Stories:
You’ll Spend the Most Money on Valentine’s Day If You’ve Only Been Dating for a Few Months?
A new survey found that, basically, the less time a couple has been together, the more money they spend on Valentine’s Day. People who’ve been dating for less than six months will spend an average of $700 . . . people who’ve been together more than 20 years will spend $64. (BroBible / Working Mother)
Here’s some other things you might like…
- Did Katy Perry Pass Out During a Gas Leak on “Idol?”
- Would You Take a 50/50 Shot at $5 Million or Death?
- New Movie In Missoula
- Burger King’s Latest Ad Campaign Shows a Whopper Growing Mold
- A Study Finally Proves Beer Goggles Are Real
- A Woman Is Going Viral for Taking a Bath in Hot Cheetos
- Pepsi Is Giving Away an Engagement Ring With a Diamond Made Out of Crystal Pepsi