It’s time for “Nerd News,” covering the most important news for your brain you may have missed. Here’s a quick rundown of this week in science . . .
1. Researchers at Harvard found no proof that multivitamins make you healthier. They say any positive effects might just be in your head. So, the placebo effect.
2. Could this eventually make headphones obsolete? A company in Israel has a new gadget called a SoundBeamer that tracks your ears, and creates a personal “bubble” of sound that only you can hear. They’re hoping to start selling them next year.
3. Scientists in Brazil revealed the first complete reconstruction of a dinosaur brain. A skull they found was so well preserved, they used the inside to map out what its brain looked like. It belonged to a small dinosaur from 230 million years ago that weighed about 14 pounds. They say its brain weighed 1.5 grams, or slightly less than a pea.
4. Do you like spicy food? A new study found people who eat a lot of chili peppers tend to live longer.
5. A group of astronomers think Jupiter’s moon Europa might glow in the dark. High levels of radiation might make the surface glow green when the sun’s not hitting it.