1. The Mars helicopter was supposed to have its fourth flight yesterday and go faster than before. But a software issue prevented it from taking off. They were planning to try again this morning. (You can check for updates here.)
2. Florida isn’t the lightning capital of America anymore. A new study found Oklahoma now gets slightly more lightning strikes per square mile.
3. Researchers at Duke say they’ve come up with a new app that can detect autism in kids just by using a smartphone.
4. It’s crazy that we still don’t have a real answer for this: A new study looked whether or not fish brains are complex enough to feel pain. And the answer is . . . they probably do, but we still can’t prove it.
5. If we want to colonize other planets, we need to figure out space sex first. A former consultant for NASA did an interview and talked about the challenges. Just being in space can make it harder for men to perform. And in a weightless environment, at least one of the two people might have to be tethered down.